I have numbered and grouped them to make discussion easier, if I have missed anything then please message me and I shall add it to the list.
1. Image hosting - ability to post images more easily and of an increased size.
This comes down to a debate vs local or external image hosting and the pros and cons of that debate.
- - Doesn’t rely on an external service such as Imgur to preserve our visual history
- Easier ability to upload and share images
- - Added server cost increasing exponentially over time
- Current process isn’t really that hard
- Imgur allows images to be uploaded in full resolution and size
3. Prancing pony board - Fix the broken code to bring it in line with the overall appearance of the rest of the forums.
Suggested new content
4. Basic forum rules - Do we require a few basic rules be posted? Rules which we all currently take for granted but that aren't actually spelled out anywhere? - No bullying, treat others with respect etc. I believe Greg may have already updated his "Welcome! Please read before posting" post with a statement that may suffice? Or do we want something more explicit?
https://www.middleearthrangers.org/foru ... php?t=4159
5. Dedicated space for welcome and introduction - Is the general feeling that the ‘Getting started’ forum is the correct place for this? If not then we need to designate a place, move the existing welcome threads to it and include a link in the ‘read before posting’ inviting people to the location to introduce themselves.
6. A completed kits subforum - I may be wrong but I believe that changes are coming to the MERS site which will feature those of members and so a sticky thread with links may suffice?
7. Including Iodo’s Imgur guide in the getting started stickies - Or an official illustrated ‘How to post images to the forum’ guide.
8. Update any sticky threads that require it - Check that all information is correct and still relevant, that people are being directed to the right forums, subforums etc.
9. Birthday threads - Ability to set up a timed auto delete function?
10. Moving the MERS forum up slightly higher for more attention.
11. Moving the review forum to the Trading post.
12. Moving members only to Bree - It isn’t functioning as per the description but is essentially just the yearly yule post.
13. Moving MER websites to Off Topic.